1. Download the following jars from the address http://mvnrepository.com/ and put them in esProc external library folder. Get the appropriate jars according to the Redis version you are using. The directory containing files of this external library is: installation directory\esProc\extlib\RedisCli. The Raqsoft core jar for this external library is RedisCli.jar.
Note: The third-party jars are provided within the package and users can choose appropriate ones for specific scenarios.
2. RedisCli requires a JRE version 1.7 or above. The embedded JRE version in esProc is JRE1.6. Users need to install a higher version and configure java_home in the config.txt under installation directory\esProc\bin. If a JDK version 1.7 or above has been chosen when installing esProc, just ignore this step.
3. Users can manually change the size of memory if the default size isn’t large enough for needs. Two ways to manage memory under Windows are available: Change the memory settings in config.txt when starting esProc through the executable file; and in the .bat file when starting the application through the batch file. Under Linux, change the memory size in the .sh file.
Below is the method of changing memory settings in config.txt under Windows:
java_home=C:\ProgramFiles\Java\JDK1.7.0_11;esproc_port=48773;jvm_args=-Xms256m -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Xmx9783m -Duser.language=zh
4. On the machine where esProc is installed, find the hosts file to add the IP address and hostname of the machine holding the Redis database. For example, if the IP address and hostname are 192.168.0.8 and masters respectively, here are the settings:
5. esProc provides a number of external library functions, including redis(), redis_get(), redis_close(), and so on, to access HBase databases. Look up them in【Help】-【Function reference】to find the uses.